Wednesday, January 6, 2010

DC Trip

After Dallas’ marathon Presley and I stayed behind to spend some extra time with my mom and dad in DC. We are due to move to DC in July and I wanted to get the opportunity to look around the area and look at some homes before the move. Dallas, however, had to be back in Gainesville for school, so I did most of the looking myself. I was happy with most of the homes we found. We still are trying to make the decision on whether or not we will buy or rent. It is a tough decision but I am confident we will make the right one!
It was wonderful to be in DC during the fall season. Wow!! The colors of the trees in the North East are immaculate!! The trees literally glow orange, yellow and red! The air was actually a crisp fall feel. Every town we went to were preparing for their annual fall festivals! It was wonderful. It was a definite welcomed break from the 90 degree weather in Florida.

My mom and dad really enjoyed having Presley for the week. It was wonderful to watch Presley with them. She loves her Mae and Popa! It is so wonderful that she trusts them instantly even though she only sees them a few times a year. She enjoyed crawling all over Popa like a jungle gym! She enjoyed jumping in raked up leaves with Mae and learning to climb trees! Mae also introduced her to caterpillars. There were so many fuzzy caterpillars in their driveway and Presley thought they all belonged to her. She would stand over them and talk to them like they had come over for tea. However, if you tried to get her to actually hold one she would flip out! The video of that is actually pretty funny!!

One night we went over to my mom’s good friend’s house for dinner. Jeff and Susie have been friends of the family since I was in the 7th grade. She pretty much watched me grow up. So, it was such a treat for me to get to take Presley to their house and let them spend some time with my daughter. We had a wonderful time. Presley became very good friends with their dog Scarlet. Scarlet is one of the prettiest dogs I have seen. She had a gorgeous reddish, auburn coat and a gorgeous face!! Presley kept going up to the Scarlet and kissing her on her nose. Scarlet was so wonderful with Presley too.
Presley and I were in DC over Halloween. I was a little sad that Dallas was going to miss getting to participate in Halloween with Presley, but it was fun for my mom and dad. Presley went as a little bee. She was adorable! She walked around that night going, “Buzz, Buzz, Buzz!” Such a cutie. We went over to my mom’s good friend, Pat’s house. Pat made hot dogs and appetizers for Presley and two other little kids before they went trick or treating. We did the trick or treating in Pat’s neighborhood. Presley only lasted about 45 min trick or treating. Once we were done we went back and let Presley eat her first piece of chocolate! She is definitely a woman! She loves the chocolate. It was a wonderful Halloween!
The trip was so fun! Presley had so much fun with Mae and Popa and all the fun fall activities we got to do while in DC. I wish that we could have stayed longer but we had to get home to prepare for our next 2 trips!
DCTrip

No comments: