Thursday, April 23, 2009

Presley's Day

Today has been a WONDERFUL day. My baby is 1!! We started the day out with pancakes and a candle in it for Presley. I had decorated the table and her little chair. It was kinda silly and a little redneckish, but it was fun for me! I had a crown for her to wear and a bib with 1st birthday on it. I also taped a little '1st birthday' balloon on the back of her chair! She enjoyed it! I sat her there at breakfast with the pancakes(which she loved), at lunch and for dinner!

My parents came into town today also. It is so great to see them. Presley took right too them! She just couldn't get enough of my mom! Her and Mae were like two peas in a pod. Mae wasn't here an hour before Presley was snuggling her and grabbing Mae's finger and showing her around. Popa carried her around the block as we walked the dog. She just kept looking into his eyes and grinning and playing shy faces with him. She loves them so much

After dinner we gave Presley her "birthday cake"! We gave her strawberry shortcake. I didn't want to give her actual cake since she would be having that on Saturday. I don't want to overload her perfect little body with sweets! She sure tore into that cake! She even shared it with the dogs! This has been the best day EVER! Ok, well, maybe the day God actually made me aware of her existence was the best day! Wow, I love her! I love her, I love her!! Tomorrow I promise to do my 1 year post soon!
Presley's 1st Birthdat

2 comments:

The Westbrook's Waltzes said...

Looks like y'all had fun! So I guess that means she doesn't like wasabi?!?

Anonymous said...

Happy First Birthday, Presley. I can't believe it's been a year. Congratulations, Cindy and Dallas on not only surviving but thriving in your first year as parents. Wish we could be there to celebrate but we are down to one day and then heading home to CA but we can always say we remember the day you were born little one. Love,
The Chetelats