Monday, April 27, 2009

Presley at 1!!

My baby is 1. Wow, this is the third blog, but I really just don't think I can let go of this milestone. She is a little girl now! What happened to my baby? She is now running, talking, coloring, loving to swim, tries to sing, loves to play chase, play with big kids, play with her doggies, play with her shapes buckets, play outside...ok, can't get enough of outside, loves the park, sliding, swinging, and chasing water down drains...it can be a long story!! =) She is nothing shy of a miracle and the greatest joy I have ever known. I absolutely love the stage she is in! Here are some memories of the last year...

This weekend my parents came into town. Let me tell you, Presley LOVES her Mae and Popa! She played chase with Mae everyday all day! She sat on Popa's lap and wore about every ball cap he brought. They made it here Thursday night just in time for her birthday dinner and cake! We gave her strawberry short since we knew she would have really sugary cake at the birthday party on Saturday.

The next morning we went to a state park here in Gainesville called Devils Millhopper. We walked around and took the 163 steps to the water fall-down and back up! Other than all the buggies out there it was such a wonderful day. I absolutely LOVE that my family has always been active and has kept it up. Even with all the babies!!!

DevilsMilhopper

On Saturday we had Presley's 1st birthday party at the pool next to our house! We invited her friends from playgroup, from bible study and the dive/navy families we know in town. Our good friend Sandra made her ladybug cake for the party. It was insane. Everyone loved it! I did ladybug cupcakes. Mom and I were actually finishing them 1/2 hr before the party. It was so fun! Presley enjoyed the party so much. I will have to say that she didn't really "smoosh" her smoosh cake. She kinda took one handful and just smeared it around!! It was so fun to celebrate her in that special way! She got so many incredible gifts from everyone! She is truly a loved little girl!





Presley's 1st Birthday Party

Sunday we went to the Gator baseball game against South Carolina. I have to say I felt a little like a Clemson fan cheering in Orange against Carolina. It was weird!! We ended up leaving after the 6th inning because it really wasn't a game until that inning (Gators 9-SC 5)and it was super hot. Too hot for my little one to stay. So, we headed home. When we got home Dusty fixed us all broiled Tilapia, rice and salad. It was so, so, so, good!! He is such a good cook! Then we gave him his birthday cheesecake. His actual birthday is Tuesday. He is going to be 26!! I feel old. My baby brother is 26 and I have a one year old daughter! Crazy!!





Sunday with Mae and Popa

Overall it was a wonderful weekend. My little one was so lost this morning after her Mae and Popa left. It is amazing the affect they have on all three of their grandbabies! I love watching them interact! Hopefully we will get to see them again soon.

Presley, hun, mom and dad love you and can't wait to see what wonderful fun things we have in store with you. This weekend was so wonderful and I can't wait to tell you about all the people who came to celebrate the blessing that you are. We will promise to always pray for you and to love you unconditionally! Happy 1st Birthday honey!!

5 comments:

Brandi Shepherd said...

YAY!!! Presley's update! Happy Birthday, SweetPea...I'm sorry I didn't make it, but I'll see you soon. You are such a big girl-and so blessed to have such a loving family. Love you guys!

life in a positive direction said...

I love all of the pictures!!! Just amazing!!! love you and so happy Presley had a beautiful 1st birthday.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting! It looks like it was a wonderful weekend with Mae and Popa and a wonderful birthday celebration. Your cupcakes were adorable and Sandra outdid herself on that cake. Mia was happy to see the 1st Birthday bib:0) thanks for sharing. Love,Sandra and Co.

Sarah said...

Wow - happy birthday sweet little girl! Glad your day was so special! You deserved it!

thecreasycrew said...

I am so excited to see you guys, this weekend!!!! Can't wait!