Monday, September 24, 2007

La Madd Friends/Family...


So, I don't get very many opportunities to show off our friends all at once, but was able to get a picture with most of them in it!! We were all at a BBQ at our friends' house in Palau and I had everyone strike a pose. We have been overwhelmed by the blessing of friends we have made while living here in La Maddalena! We will not soon forget many of them and some of them we will keep as life long friends!! One couple in particular, not pictured here, has become so much like family, I think we sometimes forget they aren't blood related!!

This is and has been our support for 2 years. Some have been here for all of it, some have just arrived and some of our friends have already left for new adventures. However, through good and bad Dallas and I have been greatful to this place for at the very least being stationed around such great people!!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Fun times! Love the pic! You know - when we learned you were going to Italy I was bummed. But now I see that the experience has been so amazing for you two and I'm so glad you had this opportunity! I only wish we could come back!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how its not your house and Dallas is the only one sitting down and you tow are in the middle. HA someone got OWNED SON

Anonymous said...

Ah, you are making me nostalgic! You are right that it is an extraordinary group of folks there. We were blessed to have spent time there with all of you. We not only were lucky enough to call you guys friends but family. Send big hugs and hellos to everyone for us.
Might I add that you all are looking quite tan and like native
islanders!
Ciao,
Sandra, Aaron and Mia

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sandra, you are making us La Madd sick, too. The photo of you both w/ your jeep and the town is great. You do look like you have been out on the water a bit that summer.
Have a great month! look forward to reading more!
Congrats, again!
Brandy & Matthew

Anonymous said...

Cindy and Dallas,

I saw Sarah's blog and found out that you two have one as well! First of all congrats, it is great to hear that you two are expecting... I know you'll be great parents! Second, I heard that you guys will be moving to Florida in February, I live in St. Augustine which is about an hour and a half from Gainesville, so I would definitely love to come visit you guys when you get here! I can't believe its been so long since I have seen you guys but I hope all is well!! Tell Dallas and your family that I said hello and good luck with your pregnancy! My sister is pregnant as well she and her husband are expecting in April so I share in all of the joy with you guys! Hope to talk to you soon! Your family is always in my thoughts and prayers!

Love,
Caroline H.