Thursday, September 20, 2007

Introducing Baby Gipson...

Well, not much of a showing, but we have our first picture of the baby!!! It looks like a cocoon, but we know it is a baby. The picture doesn't do it justice, because when we saw it you could actually see the three sections of the baby-the head, body and feet!! The baby measured within 4days of what they have as far as weeks pregnant(8weeks 6days) and they say mom is very healthy!! Tomorrow I will begin my third month and am feeling great! I get pretty tired, but no nausea!! (knock on wood) I thought I had put on some weight, but nope, no weight gain to date!! The doc seems to think with my activity level I will gain only baby weight. We'll see! Lets just pray that the weight goes ONLY in the belly!!hehee!!! (doubtful)

We did see a faint heartbeat, but this early it was hard for us to tell without the doc pointing it out. The doctor, because he is a close friend and wanted to keep me comfortable, just did the abdominal ultrasound which made it even harder for an untrained eye this early on to see, but we finally did. He was able to count the beats and the baby's heart is beating very strong!!! Praise GOD!! Three more weeks until we are in a "safe zone"!! We moved my next scheduled appt to 5 weeks out, so the week of the 20th of October we will have another appt. We are so lucky, because we are good friends with our doctor, he is going to give us another ultrasound and picture. Normally he doesn't give another until the 20th week, but he said for us he would!! So look forward to more ultrasounds and hopefully one that looks more like a baby!!!
More exciting news-they are pretty sure I will be able to stay here with Dallas until the end!!! When we heard that we thought, there isn't much else you can tell us to ease our minds! All around it was a great appointment!
Needless to say Dallas and I are very excited!!!



6 comments:

Sarah said...

Hooray! Baby Gipson is the most beautiful 8 week old embryo I have ever seen! :) I'm so glad your appointment went well! We will continue praying for all of you!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I am so happy for you 2. The blog is super cool. I might try to do one. Do you know how to build a website? I am wanting to build one and start a photography business, but I want to do it RIGHT!! Anyway, I pray that everything is ok with you, baby Gipson and Dallas of course. Stay strong, eat, (don't forget to eat) you can always take the weight off after, but sounds like you are doing it just right!! Love you all. Joyce

Anonymous said...

Oh, Cindy!!! I almost cried when I saw the ultrasound! I am SO excited for you guys. You are going to make AWESOME parents!
Brandi

Anonymous said...

OH my God you guys are going to be parents!!!! I am super pumped about this. Judging from the picture I can already see that will will have my personailty which is something to be excited about and it has a hint of my smile and lets hope its just like me. By the way dusty is a great name for a kid. That little guy won the race. Congratulations to that!

Anonymous said...

HEY CINDY!! I am so excited for you and Dallas. Motherhood is a joy beyond imaginable. Everything will be GREAT!!! Congrats!!!! The baby is beautiful. I am sooooooo excited. Miss ya!!! Can't wait to see you.
love ya, courtnay

Anonymous said...

Just realized you had a spot for comments...Yeah, Nininee and Dalla! That new little life is most certainly blessed to be joining such an extraordinary family. We can't wait to share it with you all.
Enjoy the anticipation and watching he/she grow. it really is miraculous.
All our love,
Mia, Sandra and Aaron