Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Presley is 5 months

Wow, 5 months old. I don't know what about that sounds so...not a baby anymore. Although she clearly is. I mean, what am I saying, she can't even crawl yet. Anyways, she is getting so big so fast and it is amazing to think that little over 5 months ago we didn't even know what she was!!! Life is truly amazing!

In 5 months Presley has been on a total of 10 plane rides over 3 trips if you include the stops in Atlanta, has been to Sea World, San Antonio River Walk, Jacksonville, Fl, Statesboro, Ga, Jonesboro, AR, Decatur, AR, Cabot, AR and the surrounding areas of Gainesville, Fl. She loves animals. Especially the drooling kinds. She gets totally excited when you do the Hog Call! She stares if you do the Gator Chomp but has a soft spot for it for her daddy's sake! Presley loves to talk and entertain whoever will watch her. She has become the new love of my life. Dallas and I think God out did himself when he made our little girl!

I want to personally thank all of you who check this blog often. I know I put a lot of Presley on here, but that is our life now. I appreciate that you care to know what is going on with us and so in turn put up with the constant blogging of the new center of my world.

What is Presley doing now?

She can roll over
Sits completely unsupported
Tries to grab everything in site
Tries to talk to ever will listen
Easily frustrated when can't get to something
Trying to crawl
Sleeps at least 8hrs a night
Getting a sense of humor
Starting to understand jokes (funny faces)
Makes funny faces
AND...she started eating solid foods!! (baby cereal)

Time really is a funny thing. There are times when it seems like we are watching water boil and other times it flies. When you have a little one it is all too often the latter that we get.
Enjoy the slideshow of Presley at 5 months. These are all her faces and her first "meal"!! Oh and yes the hair is still there!

3 comments:

Brandi Shepherd said...

I love the posts! Presley is WONDERFUL!!! I'm proud of you guys!

Jennifer Gibson said...

I love to read your blogs about Presley! It's so much fun to have known you before and after her. You two are amazing parents and we are thankful you're living such fruitful lives. Our newest news follows you...Dennis and I are now expecting! I'm 14 weeks along and will send more info in a mass e-mail, but wanted to let you know, as I have enjoyed reading about your adventures so much. It makes me daydream about ours to come. Thanks for being so efficient with the neat things on your blog.

The Westbrook's Waltzes said...

Presley is a doll! Go Presley! She's accomplished so much already! And good job too to you and Dallas for engaging her so much and helping her accomplish so much! As a teacher, I can definitely tell you the kids who have parents who engage them and who don't. Keep it up! Presley will benefit from it - and so will ya'll. :)