Saturday, September 27, 2008

Oh to be a Hog or a Gator

Not a good football day for either of our teams! Man! I was expecting an upset with Texas since we are truely rebuilding from the ground up at Arkansas. I didn't expect a beating. Wow, we let them score 52 points. OUCH! Then to make matters worse Ole Miss beat Florida. Yes you heard right. The school that our old coach, Houston Nutt, went to beat Florida! What? There were upsets all around this weekend and an awful game for my Hogs. However, I wouldn't have traded it for the world. To be able to be in the states during football season is something great! To be in SEC country is almost heaven. I honestly miss La Madd everyday, but when it comes to football season there is no better place to be than here where I can see 6 ballgames at once and at the normal air time! It would have been a sad thing to have to wake up Sunday and hear about all these games instead of watching them. Watch for the rankings tomorrow! The tables have been turned upside down. Oh, and for you SEC haters. I would like for you to go back to today's games and see all the GREAT football that was played in this conference and realize that it was only ONE of the 6 weekends these teams will face that calliber of talent. We don't get easy weekends. So, for now I am sad about the loses of the Hogs and Gators but am so glad to have seen such great football this weekend!! GO SEC!!

4 comments:

The Westbrook's Waltzes said...

Go SEC! Yea for football season! Every team has an off year when they have to rebuild. This is ours. It will get better. Go Hogs!

life in a positive direction said...

This was a crazy week for the SEC. I had no idea you were THIS big of a fan. I always knew you were a true razorback, but not like this. You are just like me when it comes to Gamecock football!!! GO SEC!!! Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

I hear you. I, too, often miss La Maddalena but it's much nicer having breakfast with the Gators than trying to stay awake at 3 a.m. to watch the one or two games that were broadcast on AFN. Of course, we started the weekend rejoicing in USC loss until our beloved Gators did too...Sandra

Brandi Shepherd said...

You are starting to sound like Shep...be careful!!! Not such a great weekend/season/who-knows-how-long-this-can-last day for Clemson, either. Don't get me started on the unending talent we have but the lack of 'finishing it'. I had a great time watching Florida get beat and swear we should have named Trevor Houston Nutt. LOVE that name!!! I don't care who you are or who you pull for, this weekend WAS a great weekend to be a college football fan. Go ACC (lol)!