Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Mommy's Day!

I just wanted to send a Happy Mother's Day wish to all of you mom's out there. I am in Arkansas and will be away from the computer on Sunday but wanted to go ahead and send out the well wish. To all of you mom's out there who encourage me and inspire me daily...I love you!!!

To Dallas-thank you for your daily support and love for me as I discover who I am as a mom. God could not have given me a better husband as a support system. I love you!

To My mom and sister-there are no words for the kind of pressure I feel when I look at the kind of examples you are as moms. Then I realize how lucky I am to have your example! Thank you for always be extraordinary!!

To My Precious Presley-Thank you for making me a mom and for allowing me to LOVE it! You are a joy I could never truly express! I live for your laughs, crys, new words, dances, and faces. You are my new world. I love you little one!

For everyone else- thanks for checking the blog and watching the adventures of a new mommy!! Enjoy this poem that was passed on to me through email!!
Love you all! Happy Mother's Day!

Before I was a Mom,
I never tripped over toys
or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not
my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.



Before I was a Mom,
I had never been puked on.
Pooped on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind
and my thoughts.
I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom,
I never held down a screaming child
so doctors could do tests.
Or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night
watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom,
I never held a sleeping baby just because
I didn't want to put her down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces
when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small
could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom,
I didn't know the feeling of
having my heart outside my body..
I didn't know how special it could feel
to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond
between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small
could make me feel so important and happy.

Before I was a Mom,
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night
every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth,
the joy,
the love,
the heartache,
the wonderment
or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much,
before I was a Mom ...

Send this to someone who you think is an awesome Mom.

May you always be overwhelmed by the Grace of God rather than by the cares of life

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sweet poem - thanks for sharing! And I finally had some time to myself this morning to really enjoy the pics from little P's birthday party! Precious girl!