Tuesday, November 3, 2009

10yr High School Reunion

The first weekend of October was my 10 yr high school reunion for the class of 1999! Dallas,Presley and I traveled to Sumter Friday night and stayed with my best friend, Sarah and her family. I do have to say it was a little surreal. I felt like it was old times again. Except this time I was accompanied by my husband and daughter...not a boyfriend and a cheer practice bag. Man, how 10 years have flown by!

Friday night I went to the game and visited with a lot of my old classmates. I couldn't believe how many of them were there! It was so wonderful to be in that stadium and hearing the familiar sounds of the SHS marching band. However, I do have to say the view from the stands is a whole lot different than the sidelines!! After the game we met up with some more people at a bar called Legacies there in town. It was so wonderful to have that extra time to catch up but it was so difficult to hear over the loud live band!

Saturday was a wildly busy day. Sarah and I got up Saturday morning and headed to the country club to set up the tables and such for the "Gala" that evening. Then we headed back to the house to collect babies and husbands and headed to Swan Lake for the family picnic. I was most glad to do the picnic. We were able to meet all the babies and children and were able to visit without much noise and interruption. Plus, we did it where people could pick up lunch and bring it with them so if people couldn't afford the "Gala" they could STILL come and visit and catch up with old classmates.

We were at the park until 2pm that day. Presley and Banks were well past their nap times! We layed the kids down and were able to visit with just the 4 of us. That evening the grandparents-Mae and Popa and YaYa and Papa-took Banks and Presley to the fair! It was so wonderful that they did that so we could get ready without little ones trying to crawl up our legs!!

We headed to the country club where we visited and danced the night away. I think I talked a lot more than I danced, but I felt like I had a lot to catch up on seeing as it had been 10 years. I can't tell you how proud I am of all of my classmates. We had stay-at-home moms, managers, military, doctors, lawyers, zoologists and even a coutry music artist in our class. We all turned out so well. Well, I guess of the ones who showed. Seeing as we graduated over 600 in our class-I am sure making a general comment like that about 100 of us is maybe not fair! Anyways, it was an incredible visit and I am super glad I was able to be so involved.

Sunday we met up with Dusty and his buddy, Tripper. We have known Tripper 10 years. He is pretty much family. Actually, he calls my mom and dad...umm...mom and dad!! We had brunch with him and his new wife, Lauren. She was so precious! I was so happy to meet her. Presley loved them both! After that we headed back home to get ready for our visit with Mumsie and Grandad. It was such a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Amy Jones said...

It looks like a great time! Sorry we missed it. It was our 5th anniversary. Missed everyone...

Crystal said...

Looks like a great time!!