Monday, November 30, 2009

Mumsie and Grandad Visit

Mumsie and Grandad came to town!!!!

We were so super blessed to get to have a wonderful visit with Dallas' mom and dad. We met them Friday, the 9th of November, in Panama City. They were already driving down and we needed to look at some houses for our stay there during Dallas' dive training. So, they were very helpful as far as Presley was concerned as we looked at a few places. We ended up finding a great place right on the water-the lagoon, not the beach. Hopefully I can get some pictures to upload to the blog.

Mumsie and Grandad always come bearing gifts. So the first day we were back in Gainesville we got to see all the goodies they had for Presley. Mary is the champion shopper. God bless her because I don't know how she does it. Anyways, after going through 7 bags of clothes, one bag of shoes and a bag of books and toys she brought in a little bike for Presley. It is a little tricycle. Presley fell in love with it immediately. After driving it all over our house we decided we needed to take her to the park and let her ride around there. The only problem was her feet were a bit too short. Not a problem now. A month ago she couldn't really steer the bike with her feet now she can with no problems!! Anyways, so we took her to the park and let her ride her bike. It was such a beautiful day we decided to stay and play on the playground equipment. They got to see first hand the monkey that is Presley!

We did our usual walk around Lake Alice that we do with all of our friends and family who visit. It is such a signature of this town that I try not to pass it up. It was such a pretty day the day we went. Yes, it was hot,but it is always hot here. It was October and look at what my daughter is in. Heck, we went swimming while they were here. Anyways, we had a such a great time looking at all the plants, birds and squirrels. I told them it was possible to see gators in the lake but that we don't always see them. WEll, it was their lucky day. We had one swim right up to us. Presley is big time into kissing everything and went running toward the water going "MMMMMMWAH!" It was hard to explain to a little girl who sees no evil in this world that the alligator could hurt her. She didn't understand. She just wanted to kiss him!! Heehee!! I guess that is the brainwashing she is getting living in a town that adores and worships Gators!!! Hahaa!

After our walk around Lake Alice, I decided to take them to the butterfly museum. I had been wanting to take my mom, since she obsessed with butterflies, but never had the chance while she was here. So, I thought I would take Mary and Gary instead. It was something I wanted to do anyways and thought they would enjoy watching Presley chase butterflies. It was such a beautiful place. It is a little rainforest right here in Gainesville. I didn't expect as many butterflies as there were. The rainforest itself is not very big at all, but all I kept thinking was what a magical world it must have felt like to Presley. I know when I was little I sure thought places were bigger than they ended up being as an adult! Anyways, all the butterflies were beautiful and it was something I will always remember about Gainesville.


On Friday we took Mumsie and Grandad to our usual Friday play place. It is a gym that allows little ones to age 4 or 5 to come and play on the gym equipment, trampolines and foam pits for a few hours in the morning. Presley really enjoys herself at this place. I think it is a wonderful place for gross motor development. I think Gary and Mary really enjoyed watching her run around, jump around, dance around and swing around!

That weekend was the Akansas vs Florida game. We were so greatful that they stayed to Sunday so that we could go to game without Presley. We have wonderful friends here in town who would keep her, but I felt bad about leaving her for 5 hours with someone. Plus they knew her routine for bedtime which is a big deal for me to keep. Dusty, my baby brother, came down to go with Dallas and I to the game. We could only get tickets in the student section (long story). So, we sat the whole game...which until the last 9 minutes of we were WINNING!! Let's just say the Gators fans around us were not happy we were there! We ended up loosing by only 3! It was such a great game to be at and I was so excited to get to see the Razorbacks in person! I haven't seen an Arkansas football game in 4 years. So, thank you Mary and Gary for allowing us to go and not have to worry about Presley!

It was a wonderful week and made us wish we could be closer. However, I do think that the times we do spend together,although few, are very special. Presley loves her Mumsie and Grandad so much. She asked about them for days after they left. I know she is going to have so much fun when we are there at Christmas. God has definitly blessed me with wonderful in-laws and blessed Presley with incredible grandparents....they are a blessing to Dallas as well!! heehee Mary and Gary-I hope you enjoyed your trip and will remember your time with Presley fondly!

No comments: