Sunday, November 29, 2009

18 months old


Presley turned 18 months old on the 23rd of October. We were in DC at the time, then Presley and I left to go to California and Washington. To say the least I haven't really had the time to blog. I did, however want to go ahead and do this blog before I got to the others.

We had Presley's 18 month check up earlier in October.
She is 20lbs 12 oz
and 31in long

She is already half my height AND only gained 12oz in 6 months. So, I have determined that all the food she stuffs in her mouth is helping her grow vertically ONLY! If this continues it would be beneficial to her as an adult woman!! =) Right, ladies?

Presley is an absolute joy at this age. She is talking, talking, talking. She is now talking in sentences. Her favorite is "I want my milk!" With all the demand of a general! She runs everywhere. Climbs on everything. Hides under and behind most things. Screams "PARK!" anytime she sees one. Likes to yell "MOMMY, MOMMY, MOMMY!" at the top of her lungs (even if she is standing right next to me) until I look down and say "Yes, Presley!" To which, she grins ear to ear, shakes her head "YES" and then runs off as if all is right in her world. She has an undeniable passion for life and her people in it.

Presley is also very much into toddlerhood. She knows how to kick and whine when she doesn't want to be moved or when we don't understand what she wants or exactly how she wants it. This is something we cringe at and love. Most of these tend to be from her inability to communicate verbally. So once she is done with her meltdown-which she "must" do-we give her the words for the situation to which she repeats them with glee. Then, she almost always replays the last scene except this time she uses her new words. She is such a big girl!

Her hair is getting so long and curly. Her eyes still glow an icey blue. She has all but 4 of her baby teeth and is growing some longer legs. She loves to read, color, ride bikes, play outside, JUMP, swing, cook, blow bubbles, sing(she does Ee, Ei, Ee,Ei,OO over and over) and she loves watching Baby RAzorbacks!!

Presley is so far from the little baby I held in my arms April 23, 2008 and yet when I look at her I go right back to that first day. In the words of my best friend Missy, "What did we ever do before we had children?" They really are a joy!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I can't wait to see you guys during Christmas!! The girls will have so much fun playing together, we will definitely have to get them together!! :) BTW, love the header, I think that was Ella Claire's shirt! :)