Tuesday, November 6, 2007

First Baby Shower...

So, last weekend I was surprised by all my girlfriends here in La Madd with Spa weekend and baby shower! It was a REAL surprise. Mainly because it is so early in my pregnancy. However, a lot of us will be doing a lot of last minute travel before the base closes and some are due to leave in Dec. So, they all thought it would be better now than later! It was really great! The hotel was in an area with hot springs and had a heated pool with saunas, steam rooms, heated rocks to lounge on and of course the spa. I got a manicure, pedicure and facial. The massage thereapist at the hotel would not touch a pregnant woman. So, I just got one in La Madd!!! I got some wonderful gifts from everyone! My favorite had to be the cake made with diapers. It was made with newborn diapers. When I opened it up I couldn't believe how tiny the diaper was. All that went through my head was, "God, are you sure you want ME to take care of something that tiny?" hahah!!! And, one of the girls made me a cake that actually looked like a baby with a pacifier in its mouth! That was cool!! It was actually hard deciding where to make the first cut!!! The party was great and a wonderful surprise. It made me feel special and realize that this baby is real and is REALLY coming!!!

notice the diaper fits in my palm!

the baby cake!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you had your first shower! My first shower is this weekend - yay! I can't wait! I'll post pics on Sunday night for sure! Miss you!