Friday, December 7, 2007

Half way/20 weeks...

We made the half way point!! We are now at 20 weeks of pregnancy. I have to admit I never thought I would get to this point. The baby is doing all kinds of moving and jab/kick combos! They have started to get strong enough that it even startles me at times! I can only imagine when they are at their strongest. Dad has felt a little motion, but not a real strong right hook or side kick. I pick at him and say the baby doesn't like him, because as soon as Dallas puts his hand on my belly the baby stops!! Then I comfort him by reminding him it is still really early and soon enough we will get to see all the acrobatics taking place instead of just feeling them! I am sure, however, that the baby is just soothed by the presence of Dad. Dallas has always had that effect on people.

So, in honor of this half way point I am putting new belly pictures up. The one in the orange shirt is from Thanksgiving Day and the one with me in the sweater was taken yesterday. Yes, I have gotten bigger!! In the last two weeks I have made up for ALL the weight I hadn't gained yet!! Can you tell??!!

Our next appt is on Tuesday. We will be going into town to have our 4D ultrasound with one of the Italian OBs. I am excited about getting to experience an OB appt from an Italian point of view! I tell ya this culture knows how to do the baby thing!! We are also both VERY excited to get another glimpse of our little surprise and because this ultrasound tends to go longer! I tell you, my heart stops everytime they turn off the ultrasound machines at the end of an appt. It just never seems like enough time!!

In other news, we leave Tuesday night for Barcelona. Dallas will be taking the GRE. So, please think about him on Thursday. The boy hasn't even studied for it, but I am not concerned. He is a pretty smart cookie. We will get back on Friday night and then leave again the following Tuesday for our annual ski trip!!! This years ski trip should be loads of fun. The group that is going are all really good friends!! And, no, we still haven't heard about the dive program. I keep praying any day now.



17 weeks-Thanksgiving Day

20 weeks/Half way

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy, you look great! I can't believe you are already half-way there. I am so jealous of the 4-D ultrasound! You'll have to tell all about it!

Sarah said...

You look so cute! Trust me - you are going to get so much bigger! You think you're big now but just wait until you can't tie your shoes. Ugh! But it is all worth it! Good luck to Dallas on Thursday! Basically - he's brilliant so I'm sure he will be fine! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics. I agree with the others - You sure look cute. Look forward to seeing you in action as a Mom! The LORD bless you & Dallas.

Anonymous said...

Cindy, you look so cute. Thanks for sending the pics. It adds a special touch to the distance.
God did put two incrediable people together when He join you two and now He is creating another. Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Cindy, You look wonderful! I CAN'T WAIT till it's finally my turn, but I sure am enjoying watching your turn! Thanks for keeping so updated on it all. We love you three!

Anonymous said...

hey girly, you look so cute!!! i am so excited for you and Dallas. you look great. i can't wait to see that little bundle of joy. i will be thinking about dallas on thursday. i hope it all works out for you guys. courtnay