Sunday, July 20, 2008

My girls....and their families!!


Bella-18mo. (Missy) Banks-6mo (Sarah)

Presley 3mo (Cindy)


This past weekend Dallas, Presley and I headed to Statesboro, GA to get together with my two friends from high school, Sarah and Missy, and their families. It was the first time we had all been together since Italy and the first time since each of us had our precious babies. Missy was the first to have a baby and her little girl, Bella, is 1 1/2 years old. Sarah had Banks, 6months old, in January and we were shortly thereafter with Presley, 3 months old, in April!! Oh, and our hubbies, Dallas, Bailey and Jonathan were there too.

I couldn't get over how so much had changed in our lives since we have known each other and yet how much was still the same. We are now wives and mommies but we were still the fun, silly, wholesome, God fearing, young ladies we were when we met in 7th grade!! These girls have been there with me through life. Literally. We experienced first kisses, boyfriends, school dances, crushes, heartbreaks (remember the cucumbers Sarah?), leaving home, engagements, marriages and now babies!! It was such a blessing to get to see Sarah and Missy as new mommies. I promise you they are some of the best I have seen. They also have GREAT husbands who are incredible daddy's to their little ones. To get to watch all three of the dads made me realize that God does answer prayers, because I specifically remember each of us asking for the special people that are now our husbands.

We played with the babies, went to the pool, sat around visiting, laughed about old memories and made new ones. I truly am blessed by the friendships I have with each of these girls. People always say that a TRUE friend is rare and hard to find. So, I will only always be grateful I have found it twice! I just hope that we will be doing these get togethers when we are grandmas in wheel chairs, smelling like ben gay, playing backgammon!

3 comments:

The Westbrook's Waltzes said...

I'm so glad ya'll had so much fun! True friends are definitely a blessing. I'm really glad it worked out for all of you to get together and I hope it works out for you all to do that many more times. Girlfriends are great to have and to hang out with! We love you three!

Unknown said...

Awe!!!! We did have so much fun as always!!! I love you and your beautiful family. Thanks for being such an amazing friend through the years. Oh and I'm not sure about smelling like bengay..... I would hate for Bella to have to explain to her kids why grandma smells so bad. Maybe by then they will have changed the scent a little. I love you girl and can't wait fo rhte next adventure.

Sarah said...

Oh wow - the cucumbers. You are so right!! We've been through a lot!!! And yes, we will be smelly grandmas together and we will laugh and laugh about it! Love you!