Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July..

This past weekend was the 4th and a very relaxing one for us. We didn't go anywhere, but Dallas' parents came here to Gainesville for a few days. Mary and I worked on sorting all the clothes we were given from friends and family. Wow are we blessed. You should see the pile of clothes that we had to work with! Amazing!! Thanks to all who gave us things. We all had such a great time sitting around watching Presley! It is really interesting how entertaining they can be. I took lots of random "mommy" pictures, so I will have to add them to a link so you can all check out how big she is getting!!

I really feel like she has changed so much over the past two weeks. Her face looks different and her personality is a little different. We are starting to see some signs of a routine which makes me happy. However, the reality is that I am a stay at home mom so the routine is more for her. I am greatful in one thing that she is NOT a morning person. So, 6am wake ups for mommy!

Presley is now 10lbs and is 20 3/4 in. long! I can't believe how big she is. I know 10lbs doesn't sound like a lot, but it really feels big and looks big when she started out at 6lbs. In a few weeks we are going to go and visit two friends that I have been friends with since high school and it will be so fun to see her next to their children. One has a little 18mo. old daughter and the other a 5mo old son. I always love watching older babies to see what is to come with Presley.

After Dallas' parents left we were feeling a little sluggish so I decided it was time to take Presley to the pool. We put her sunscreen on and decided to blow up our inflatable tub to use as a floating device for her. She LOVED it. She sat in the floaty with a very "Queen of the Nile" attitude to her! Right before we went in I put her in the water and just held her as I swayed side to side. Let's just say that swimming is her element. That girl loved it!! When we got home I thought it would be fun to play dress up and put Presley in the cheerleading outfit I bought for Kaci's daughter, Katelynn, since she will be too big to wear it this football season. Presley is a born cheerleader!! Go figure! She already has the hog call down!!

Here are a few of the pictures from the weekend. I will link the rest. Like I said they are all mostly what I like to call random "mommy" pictures because moms tend to just snap at anything because EVERYTHING is adorable to us!!



all other pics follow this link
4th of July Weekend 2008




4 comments:

Crystal said...

She has changed so much in the past two weeks! She is adorable!! Love the 4th of July hat!!

Unknown said...

WOW!!! She is beautiful!!!! I can't wait to hold her and love on her!!! Is that a tint of red I see in her hair???? I really can't wait to see her...she is changing too quick. Love you!!!

The Westbrook's Waltzes said...

I'm glad ya'll all had so much fun and that Presley liked the swimming pool. Yea! Can't wait to see ya'll again! We love you!

beth said...

Hey cindy,

What cute picture of ou presly with cheerleader outfit on.