Thursday, October 2, 2008

Slow but steady

This week has been kinda slow. I guess in comparison to the last three weeks it moved like a turtle through molasses. It was a well deserved relaxing week. Dallas and I hung out with Presley all weekend and hardly did a thing. Laziness is so addicting. Well, atleast it is for us. WE enjoyed just lounging around doing nothing.

I do, however, think my days of sleeping in are over. The last three mornings Presley has woken up at 7:15. She eats and instead of taking another hour snooze with mommy she is up and ready to go. I was waiting for this. But, for those of you who know me this is going to be a hard adjustment.

I do have some very upseting news. My big brother got a little message from Uncle Sam. He is deploying on Oct. 4th. He will do training first and then head out for a 6 month deployment. He only found out a week ago. This has been hard for us all, but I can't imagine what Crystal and Dylan are going through. I know they will handle it with grace, but everyone can put on a good face. Please pray for Crystal as she will have to do everything at home by herself. On top of that she will have to deal with the deafening silence that comes when your other half isn't there everyday. For Dylan as he is used to spending every evening with his Daddy while Mom is at work. Brent and Dylan are such great buds. He will miss that. Especially pray for Brent. He works in a hospital so he will see things none of us even want to dream of. Pray that he will keep some humor with him and that God will give him very vivid memories of his family to keep him company in such a strange place.

Til next time!

4 comments:

The Westbrook's Waltzes said...

Brent, Crystal, and Dylan are definitely in our prayers.

Sorry about the loss of sleeping in...maybe it'll be a short phase.

And, I'm glad ya'll had time to just relax and enjoy each other.

Brandi Shepherd said...

Cindy, you know I am praying for Brent, Crystal, Dylan, and all of your family!

Lori Dunham said...

We will be praying for your brother and his family. Keep us posted.
On another note, I think my sister met your brother...I'm assuming a different brother that lives in JVille??? She said he was very nice!!!

Anonymous said...

I will be thinking of Brent, Crystal and Dylan as well as the rest of your family while Brent is gone. I pray that they find ways to stay connected while they are apart and that time passes as quickly as possible.
-Sandra