Monday, November 10, 2008

A week in DC

Well, we are back from our latest adventures! We just spent the last week in Washington DC with my mom and dad (Mae and Papa)!! And, for those curious, yes it was GREAT to be in DC during the elections. I even had the opportunity to go to the last Obama rally in Manassas on the 3rd but didn't go because it was WAY late! However, it was neat to kinda be in the hustle and bustle of DC during the elections. I can't wait to tell Presley how we were in the nations capital during such a historical event!

Let me tell you how beautiful it is in the DC area during the fall! I felt like I was back home in the Ozarks with all the gorgeous colors and wonderful weather! My mom and dad's house sits back in the woods and when I got there it was surrounded by full vibrant trees. By the time I left you could see houses that you couldn't 4 days earlier!! The ground looked like it had snowed yellow, orange and red! It was wonderful!


Presley loved spending time with her Mae and Papa!! Papa and Presley spent a lot of time cuddling on the couch, watching tv and playing peek-a-boo with Papa's hat!!

Mae has some of the greatest toys. Even though I brought lots of Presley's toys she was totally NOT interested. When my mom told me not to worry about toys I didn't listen because I was sure she didn't have any. WRONG! She had measuring cups, wooden spoons, Tupperware, and even mardi gras beads. Mae and Presley had the most fun with all these toys!! Its no wonder Mae's grandbabies love her so much. She sees past the need for commercial toys and lets them just be!!
Presley also played dressup with my mom's baby shoes. Yes, you heard right. Presley put on my mom's baby shoes from 55 years ago! Ok, so she had a little help. Just with the laces, though!!


Going anywhere in the DC area takes a long time. Traffic there is nuts! So, we spent a lot of time in the car and Presley was a champ. In this picture she seems to even be saying, "Ok, got my phone and the keys. Where are we off to next?!"



We even had the opportunity to go and visit some friends we knew in La Maddalena while we were there. Louise, Keiran, and Sahara Mathis are dear friends of Dallas and mine. It was so wonderful to get to introduce Presley to their family! The kiddos really enjoyed playing with Presley.


Check this video out of Sahara and Keiran entertaining Presley or Presley entertaining them. You decide.

We get to go back to visit Mae and Papa in December. We are looking forward to it! We will get to see Kaci, Katelynn and Dusty too! We always have so much fun when we go to visit my parents and this time will be no different! Dallas and I very well may end up in the DC area after his dive training. So, I am glad I enjoyed the area as much as I did. I can't wait till next month to show him around! To see all our pictures go here!!

5 comments:

The Westbrook's Waltzes said...

Presley is TOO CUTE! I just love her! I'm so glad ya'll had so much fun and that you liked the area so much. We can't wait to see you THREE! YEA! Only 15 more days!

Sarah said...

What great pictures! I miss mom patsy! And looks like Presley's hair is a little more under control now!

Vita said...

Total preciousness. :) When I saw you were planning to come, I had every intention of getting in touch with you! Sounds like you guys were pretty busy, but I'd love to see you when you're in the area again. How can I get in touch with your mom? It'd be great to see her, too!

Anonymous said...

Loved these pictures. Fall in Virginia is so beautiful and where your parents live is lovely. Presley just gets cuter and cuter. I do have to say when she's serious she looks exactly like Dallas but when she smiles or laughs or screams she reminds me of you. Wonder why ;0) ? I can not believe how grown up Kieran and Sahara are. I loved seeing pictures of them as well. hugs to them and Louise out there in cyberspace. -Sandra

Crystal said...

i love the pics, especially the one of her naked with the bow still attached!! So cute!! Can't wait to see you guys when you come down!