Sunday, November 23, 2008

7 mos and a Football Game








Presley turns 7 months old today! Gosh, really? Where does the time go? I looked back at some of our videos, like the one of her pulling her hair, of her first babbles, trying to roll over and think I remember thinking she was so big THEN! I can honestly say being a mom is hard but overwhelmingly rewarding! It is a relationship that for now is unconditional. I never had to win over my daughter, I never had to make her love me. Ok, well, being the only source of her food helps, but I try not to think of that!!!

Presley can...
Crawl!
Is getting her first tooth
Stands up on most everything
Eats puffs, cherrios, animal crackers and lots of veggies and fruit
Takes 2-3 naps a day
Sleeps 10-10 1/2 hrs at night
Loves blocks, ribbons, rattles, exersaucer,magazines,daddy's shoes,and...ummm...dog toys
LOVES her puppies and is so glad she has two friends all day to play with!
Has lots of little friends between her "New Mom's Playgroup", Navy Dive families (also here for grad school), Sandra and Lena(this little girl is Presley's world!! She is 3) and her Church and Bible Talk friends.
Can clap and wave bye, bye
Loves to bounce
Her best adult friend would have to be her Uncle Dusty. She lights up when he is here!





Dallas and I still look at her and think "This can't be. Is she really ours?" I love it! For as long as she is mine to care for I will cherish her and that time. When it comes time for her to leave my house and make her own way I will gladly move to the sidelines and see if those times I cherished her helped her to be the incredible person I already know she is!!






Yesterday we went to Presley's first college football game. It was also my first Gator football game. We had a great time!!! It was the Gators vs Citadel Bulldogs. So, Dusty came in from Jacksonville to go to the game. He scored us some AWESOME seats AND a great parking place for tailgating. Most of the people around us, AGAIN, hardly watched the game as much as they watched Presley. WEll, maybe that is because it wasn't much of a game!! Presley took a VERY long nap in the middle of the game and I fed her twice. I know, I am the master breastfeeder!!! HeeHee. Most of the people probably thought I was just keeping her warm with the Citadel sweatshirt. Click here if you want to see all the pictures!

4 comments:

The Westbrook's Waltzes said...

I'm glad ya'll got to see Dusty again. She's such a cutie! Can't wait to see ya'll Wednesday! :)

Sarah said...

You are a champion nurser! I cannot BELIEVE she is 7 months! She is growing up so fast!

Anonymous said...

It does my heart proud to see all three of you in Gator gear:0) Could Presley be any cuter? My gosh. Love it. -Sandra

Crystal said...

Love it!! Can't wait to see you!!