Monday, March 16, 2009

EWomen Conference

This past weekend I went to the Ewomen Conference in Tampa, Fl with a good friend. I haven't been to a women's conference in 3 years. I absolutely forgot the power of God's presence in that place. It is overwhelming to look around at all the women from all different walks of life praising God, YOUR God! It is incredible. The testimonies of the speakers were so inspiring. We got to hear Amanda Thomas, Stormie Omartian, Chondra Pierce, Meagan Clinton, Julie Clinton and Candace Cameron-Bure. The singers were Natalie Grant and Kathy Tracolli. The worship was led by Michael Obrien, who used to be the lead singer for New Song.

The conference title was "Free to be REAL"!! I found that so encouraging. Especially as a new mom, so often you are hungry to hear someone else say, "Man this is hard and I mess up a lot! Oh, but God is gracious. Even in my mess ups he gives my little one such a sweet love for me!" Sometimes I feel in so many areas in life we are soooo embarrassed to show the world what we struggle with and yet in that weakness is where God's glory can shine. God's calm, rest and strenght in a storm is so alluring and addictive! I learned this weekend that this is what our world needs. So, I have asked that God help me to praise him in my simple and complex storms. I pray he will help me to be honest and REAL with the people in my life so that they can see the wonderful workings of Christ and his glory in my life when those storms are calmed and I have rest! I want others to see this imperfect person being perfected by a PERFCT God!!

I hope that if any of you women out there have an Extraordinary Women's Conference or a Women of Faith conference come near you that you will load up your girlfriends and go. It is really inspiring and gives your spiritual walk a little spark. I pray I will always be able to attend these or something like it. I just don't want to be a mediocre women of God. He calls us to be extraordinary!!

Here are a few pictures of the conference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful. Can't wait to hear more about it. i'm so glad you made the time to participate.
-Sandra