Thursday, July 9, 2009

Proud as a peacock

I can't get over how quickly Presley picks things up these days. It really is the neatest thing to watch your baby learn about their world. That brings me to my "Greatest Moments With Presley Stories" part...well...however many I have told:

Today I was changing Presley's diaper and handed her a wipe like I always do. Usually Presley just wipes her arms or her belly with it while I finish the dirty duty. She enjoys doing this and it keeps her occupied while Mommy cleans her diaper. I looked up at Presley when I was done cleaning her, before I put on the new diaper, and asked, "Presley, can YOU wipe your bottom now?" Thinking to myself that this will come in handy when potty training starts down the road. To my amazment she wiped her bottom. I didn't even have to point or explain. I sat there proud as a peacock that my 14 month old is following direction so well and thinking this potty training thing will be a breeze whenever we cross that road. I finish putting on the diaper and look up at my wonderful, dear, sweet, precious, baby girl as she is wiping her face with the same wipe she just wiped her bottom with and looked as proud as a peacock doing it!!!

I love being a mom!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee hee hee. -Sandra

Sarah said...

Hahahahaha! Heee hehehehe. This was great!

Crystal said...

so funny! makes me laugh! If only wiping was the hardest part of potty training! :)

The Westbrook's Waltzes said...

:) ROFL!!!