Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Three funny Presley stories....

Story 1:
First, a question:why do we encourage talking and communicating?
So, you know you have a HUGE zit on your forehead when you are rocking your one year old to sleep and she so gently looks up at you, points her finger right at your zit and says, "WaaaaaOW!!!" "Ya, Presley, mommy knows!" is all I could say back!! AUgh!

Story 2:
I was webcaming with my sister a few days ago and trying to coral Presley so Dallas could finish grilling our supper. He would be going in and out of the back and didn't want to trip on Presley. I was doing my best to coral Presley, but my best is only a tease for Presley. She was using the blockade I had up as an obstacle course. Each time she attempted to breach the blockade it was almost as if she was timing herself to see if she could do it quicker each time. Well, during my conversation with Kaci I saw Presley go up and over the blockade and thought to myself, "I gotta go get her. I am sure she is already outside!" NO sooner did I think that and here comes Dallas with Presley! Dallas says, "Go ahead Presley and tell Mommy where you were." I thought, "OH NO! She got in his way!" Dallas said, "Mommy I just found Presley standing on top of the table reaching for the chandelier!" WHAT!!!! I haven't even ever seen her attempt to climb on the chairs let alone figure out how to get up on the table in less than 2 minutes! Monkey, Monkey, Monkey! Kaci suggests we put bells on her shoes so we always know where she is!hahahahaha!

Story 3:
When I have to take a shower in the middle of the day Presley is in the bathroom with me and I have to put a gate over the shower entrance. Our showers are walk in showers, so she does just that-she walks right in fully clothed. So, if we don't do the gate we will have to either give her lots of showers during the day or change lots of clothes. This morning I did the normal routine of putting the gate up and showering. I thought it odd that I couldn't hear her. When I opened the curtain I realized my child must have grown a few inches because the drawer that used to be too tall for her and therefore not child proofed was now wide open. This draw is my makeup drawer. Sitting below it is my child and bathroom floor covered in mascara!!! By the way, I used to think that being a stay at home mom would lend me plenty of time to keep house!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!! Not when you are there all day with a toddler!

Here are some pictures of the mess. I am still working on my blog of the last 10 days. We had Lisa, Keith and Layla visit us for more than a week and had a BLAST! I have lots of video and lots of pictures! Maybe we will go for the second longest blog ever!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bahahaha:0) What is about us getting kids that give a glimpse of what our parents must have dealt with? Remember when we use to think that people whose kids got into things didn't watch their kids? HaHaHa...they are much faster and more creative than we are. Ah to be so interested and excited by everything must be so overstimulating. That energy has to go somewhere, how about your chandelier? Love you Presley! -Sandra

Crystal said...

So funny!! I love them at this age!! Ella Claire is always showing me new things she can do every day!! They transform right before our very eyes.

The Westbrook's Waltzes said...

I was there for stories 1 and 2, and I think #3 is hilarious! We LOVED our time with y'all! We too had a BLAST!!! And we were so sad to have to come back home. :( It's good to be home again, but we sure miss you guys!

thecreasycrew said...

lol at #3! Kids are so much fun! They keep you on your toes!