Saturday, January 26, 2008

Base Closure...

The day finally arrived. NSA La Maddalena, Italy is now officially closed. We had the ceremony yesterday. It was definitly bitter sweet. A lot of the local national employees were very emotional. That was not surprising. Most of them were realizing as the flags were being lowered for the last time that they would be looking for new jobs. This base has been such a big portion of this community for so long that it is hard for them to imagine life without it. HOwever, I think they are ready for change and to see if they can make it with out the Americans!!!! I have a lot of pictures, but I left them at the house. I don't always know when I am going to have the opportunity to post or even check email. So, it may be a little before I have them on here. I would like to say, however, that my hubby sure looked sharp in his uniform yesterday. =)

So, we had the previledge of watching a 35 year tradition end and now we are ready to leave and start the next phase of our life. We still don't know where we are going, but we trust that God has it under control!!! I do head to the states on Wed. and Dallas will follow 4 weeks later.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You two have amazing faith that God will put you exactly where you need to be! I can't wait to hear where that will be! Can't wait to talk to you when you get back to the states!