Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Pics of home...

I visited my mom and dad this weekend. It was so wonderful to see them and just spend time with them. It was a crazy weekend. Now that I have been back in Arkansas my body is starting to recover from all the travel. I arrived in Cabot last Wed. night and then headed down to Biloxi, Mississippi Thursday night. What normally is a 7hr drive took us 9hrs. I drove most of the way because on the way down there my sister got REALLY sick. The driving wasn't a problem, except it meant another 9hrs sitting without good circulation. Needless to say the puffiness, I believe, has made a permanent fixture in my pregnancy and will hang on for the long run. Especially after doing that trip again on Monday to come back to Cabot. However, I would take all of this swelling again to have this opportunity to see everyone. It is so wonderful to finally be able to share the pregnancy with family and old friends. Also, I was so glad to be able to go to Dad's farwell party at Keesler. They had such amazing things to say about him. They mentioned so many things I never knew he did. I love that he is humble and gives credit to others, but it was nice to finally know what he had accomplished! I have to tell you I was overwhelmingly proud of him that night and to be his daughter!

I have a few pictures of my time there. Unfortunately I didn't get any with me and my dad, but I will after this weekend. I will post those when I get them.

Oh, and we are 95% sure we are heading to Gainesville, Florida in March. Wahoo! Dallas got his official acceptance to the University of Florida and was told by his detailer that they will let him move there and work with the ROTC unit until he has to start school in August. I say, 95% sure, because anything can happen. He is waiting on the official orders and until he has those in hand we still reserve a little room for change. BUT, I am already preparing my system for Gator Nation (might cause a great shock!) and preparing for the wonderful blessing of getting to find a house and get somewhat settled before our little surprise arrives in April. Thanks to all of you for your prayers over this time of waiting!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys have a 'plan' now. I'm sure that feels good. I'll be sure to send you plenty of orange, but it may be tinged with orange instead of green!!! Tell everyone hello! Love, Brandi

Anonymous said...

Sorry! Make that tinged with purple! Brandi

Sarah said...

You look fantastic! Not too swollen! And I got your email about Gainesville - I'm so excited and I can't wait to come and visit you in Florida! That is such good news! Give your fam my love!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you guys!!!I think I might have to plan our summer vacation in Fl. this year=) I know you loved seeing your parents. Everyone looks great and of course you look beautiful. You look really sweet pregnant. I always wanted to have that sweet "I'm gonna be a mommy" look but I didn't so I'm glad you do. Katelyn is so cute. Thanks for the update.

Anonymous said...

Cindy
Good to see you. Like the others I think you look great but from your self-discription was expecting to see the Goodyear Blimp or something of the sort. It is so good to hear of the high probability of being in Gator country rather than elsewhere.

Your Dad is obviously much like your husband in terms of humility - they just do their job, move on with life, and let others proclaim their great work. A very admirable trait!

Look forward to seeing you. Love, Dad G.