Monday, April 14, 2008

Where did the weekend go....

This past weekend was beyond busy for the Gipsons!! Friday night we went to the baseball game here- Florida vs ARKANSAS! It was a lot of fun! Of course, the Hogs ended up winning the game!!! Woooo pig sooie! I believe the Hogs lost Sat. and won Sunday. So, all-in-all we won the series! The game was lots of fun! We went with Sandra, Aaron and Mia who are loyal Gator fans. We had fun tryin to make Mia call the Hogs. Lets just say we didn't have to try very hard. It must be the fact that she has been hearing us call the Hogs and speak about the Hogs since she was 5 days old!! She wasn't confused, however, because every time a Gator cheer began she would sing/say all the words with much conviction. Pretty impressive for a 2 year old!!!! We did, however, manage to sneak Dallas' Arkansas baseball hat on her. And, yes, Dallas does own a baseball hat.

On Saturday morning Dallas and I got up and went to the ESPN Game Day at the University Stadium. It was the Florida Orange and Blue game and Game Day was there! That was really awesome. We were standing right next to all the regular anchors! It was awesome!!!! And FINALLY they said that there isn't another conference like the SEC!! I guess that after we killed the Big 10 contender two years in a row without blinking an eye! We got there at 10am and let me tell you it was HOT!!! The sun was intense. I am not so sure that at 38 weeks I should have been walking all over the campus in 95 degree weather!! But, I did and survived!! And, it was well worth it!!

After the game we had to attend our prepared child birthing class for 6 hours. We did it Saturday and Sunday from 1-6:30, but it always ran late!! That was a long time to sit in class all day. I was the only one on the verge of popping, too. Most of the other moms had another month to two months left! They all seemed so perky and comfortable. I really couldn't understand what the difference was!! heeeheee!! The class was very informative and I even think Dallas left feeling more educated and better prepared for the laboring process!!

We have finally reached the point of "let's do this"!! But, mom is still a little nervous about what to do once baby is here! I am uncomfortable but for the most part I feel pretty great! If it weren't for the swelling I think I would feel even better. My doctor thinks it will still be another week-two weeks before the little one decides to make its appearance! So, stay tuned! We could go a good week to two after my due date for all I know. Induction hasn't been discussed and we aren't going to bring it up until at least a week after the due date. Of course if the doctor sees a reason we would need to induce before then we will consider it! So, prayers please that the next two weeks will continue to go smoothly and that in no time we will be letting you all know IT'S A......????????

3 comments:

Crystal said...

How exciting!! I am impressed that you are still wanting to get out and about! We can't wait!!! I check the blog every day to look for any news. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

No blog updates, sad Mom. But sounds like you've been too busy to blog. Excited you two had a good class. And can't wait to here "It's a ..." Love Mom

The Westbrook's Waltzes said...

I'm glad ya'll had fun! I can't wait till it happens and that wonderful call comes! Love you guys!