Saturday, May 10, 2008

And then there were three...

Well, everyone has gone. My mom and dad left this morning to head back to D.C. and Dusty left for Jacksonville. This is definitly a sad day for me! My mom has been an incredible help to me. I knew I would need her help once I found out I was going to have a c-section, but I really underestimated how much she would help. I would forget to eat and drink and then I would look up and see a glass of water or a plate of fruit next to me. She also helped with Presley but very little. She knows that people have to learn things on their own and when they get stuck they will ask. I am so greatful for that in my mom because when she left I didn't feel like I couldn't take care of Presley. Mom spent all her time taking care of Dallas and I and let us do the parenting. I don't think that I am that kind of person, but sure hope that over the years I learn this kind of respect so when Presley and my other children are at this stage I can be to them what she is to me. I know without a doubt that Dallas and I are going to be ok on our own, but it was so nice to get to see everyone. A little crazy, but nice. We may have to rethink how we do it with baby #2!!!

Tomorrow is Mother's Day and since I already wrote a book on how great my mom is I want to take the opportunity to wish all you moms out there a HAPPY DAY! Being a mom now I realize the incredible love we all have for our children! That love alone makes it totally worth being a mom. So, I hope you all treat yourselves to some "me" time because I guarantee you -to your child/children-you are the perfect MOM!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are already an awesome mom!! i hope your first mother's day is a special day for you. your mom is incredible and you have been blessed with such a great one. some day presley will say the same things about you. i love you and happy mother's day!