Monday, May 5, 2008

Winding down...



Poor Presley! We are already making her perform like a dancing monkey!! Maybe this will get her interested in cheerleading, dance or gymnastics. One can hope!! Actually, we were tryin to keep her happy for another 30 minutes so we could feed her and put her straight to bed. For some reason if we don't catch it at the perfect time she doesn't sleep well during the night, but if we do we can get atleast 4 hrs of sleep feed and then get atleast another 2-3 hrs depending on when mom HAS to get up the next day. We have gotten two GREAT nights of sleep the last two nights, so we think our experiement is working.

Presley is now 12 days old and growing like a weed! She is doing so well with breastfeeding that in no time she will be plump and round!! Right now she is hanging out in the 25th percentile, but we don't expect that to last for very long. She was born 6lbs 14oz, left the hospital at 6lbs 3oz and when she had her 1 week check up she was already 6lbs 10oz!! She's our little piggy! I have pictures from her first doctors appt. that I will get off my phone and upload! She didn't like that cold doctor's office.


Dallas and I are doing good with the adjustment of becoming parents. We had A LOT of visitors and HELP for the last two weeks. His parents left yesterday and my mom will leave this weekend. I will have to say it is a lot right after having your first baby trying to learn for yourself how to do things with lots of people around all day. However, I could NOT have recovered the way I did without my mom and Dallas' mom in particular. They cleaned the house, did the dishes, did our laundry, cooked food and helped bring me things whenever I needed them. It was wonderful and such a great help! As everyone is starting to leave we are happy to get to spend some time to ourselves, but I am starting to get anxious about my ability to do it all by myself!!

5 comments:

Brandi Shepherd said...

She is beautiful! Don't worry, Presley, I will come rescue you soon!!! Just hang in there! You'll be fine. It is very scary being left to yourselves, but you two will be great. I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

There is nothing like mommy's help after you get home. However it will be good to get into a routine of just the 3 of you! She is so pretty and I can't wait to see her and hold her!

Sarah said...

Cindy - she is BEAUTIFUL! Oh wow - this is the most close up picture I've seen! WOW! Video was cute too ;)

The Westbrook's Waltzes said...

The pictures are cute, but that video is hilarious! I'm so glad I got to go see ya'll and can't wait to go back! She's still beautiful! :)

Unknown said...

Awe!! She is so sweet! I jsut can't wait to give her kisses. She loves to move so much because that is how you moved when she was in you. HAHA!!! Love you guys and miss you!