Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Cook Kids

This past weekend was one of the best weekends I have had in a long time!! Brent, Crystal, Dylan, Kaci, Katelynn and Dusty all came to Gainesville for the weekend!! They came to spend time wtih little Presley and also to catch up with eachother. I can't tell you how relaxing and fun it was to all be together in one place. We laughed, shared old stories and did a lot of supporting and encouraging of one another. We have all been through a lot since the last time we all have been together and some of us are going trough a lot now. So, it was very theraputic to spend a few days together! I realized I only took pictures of the nieces/nephews so forgive me! Katelynn and Dylan had a wonderful time getting to know Presley and playing with eachother. We all went swimming each day and Crystal got to leave with the tan she intended on getting before she left Florida. And, Presley got to wear her first little swimsuit and experience "fun in the sun"!

It always blows me away at how well all of us get along. We even have in-laws in the mix that get along superbly! Can you believe it! I think a lot of it comes down to respect and acceptance that we, even as children, were expected to have of others regardless of our own upbringing! Thanks mom and dad! Anyways, I could go on and on. It was wonderful to spend the time together and I absolutely hated seeing them leave! I hope it won't be long before we can all do it again.

3 comments:

The Westbrook's Waltzes said...

I'm so glad you all had so much fun and that you had that opportunity. Presley's still precious! We miss you guys! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

Anonymous said...

It was great to see all of Papa and Mia's grandkids together. I am so glad you all got to have that time with each other. What a blessing! Love Mom

Unknown said...

Awe so sweet!!! That totally made me cry! I am so glad you got to have such a sweet time togeher. I get to see chris next weekend and there is jsut something special with siblings.