Friday, June 27, 2008

We can fly...

Presley did her first plane ride last week. We headed to Arkansas on the 17th so she could meet her extended family. This was a very unexpected last minute trip but well worth it. Everyone LOVES Presley and we were so proud to show her off.

Dallas is doing "recruiting" type stuff for the CEC and they had two people they wanted to interview in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Dallas jumped at the chance. He called me and had me purchase a ticket for myself saying, "As soon as the funds are approved I will buy my ticket on the same flight." WEll, hahahaha, the "funds" weren't approved until the morning of the trip. So, he ended up taking a different flight than Presley and I. Needless to say, I was a bit nervous before the trip as to how it would all go.

We started the day with Presley a little bit fussy, not bad, but I was worried. However, there was no need to worry. My Presley is a globe trotter! YEAH!! I am so thrilled. WE had two flights there and two flights home and she did them both like a champ. Everyone on the flights couldn't believe that I had a baby because of how well she did. She made lots of friends on the planes and in the airports.

We arrived in northwest Arkansas where we got to visit with my aunts and uncles, see some friends and Presley was able to meet her Great Grandma Cook (my dad's mom). We all went to dinner and Presley was passed from person to person. You would think a person would mind that, but not my mobile baby. She was up for the challenge. Actually more content than when we are home.

We left Fayetteville and headed down to Cabot to help my sister Kaci with her move from there to Spokane, Wa. It was good that we went because she was having to do it all by herself with a two year old. However, you would not have known it when we showed up. She had everything in boxes and separated for the movers. Plus she had all but a little of the cleaning done. I was amazed. But, honestly, I don't expect less from Kaci. She always gives her best andeven when she is going through a hard time she just trucks right along....and with a SMILE. God, I love her.

We then headed to Jonesboro to hang out with Dallas' side of the family. The first night we got there a little early and just hung out with him Mom, DAd and sister. The next day Dallas got up wtih Presley and took her upstairs to play with Mumsie and Grandad while I got ready for church. We went to his Dad's church and showed Presley off to the sweet people of his congregation. They all stood around to see the pretty little girl he had been bragging about. Then after lunch, Mumsie (Dallas' mom), had invited the extended family over to meet Presley. From about 2pm-10:30pm we visited with family and friends. Presley was passed to and from many people and was loved on for all that time. She loved it!! Mom also loved watching the reaction of everyone to her little girl!

We then headed back to Cabot for a little last minute help for Kaci before heading back to Fayetteville. We flew out on the 25th to head back home! It was such a long trip but WELL worth it. We all needed the time with our family and I was glad Presley did so well. I have been telling everyone she is a different baby now that we have done this trip. She will ride in a car seat, take a pacifier and will sleep during the day better!!! What a big girl!!

Oh and one last thing. The unanimous comment of the week anytime someone saw her family, friend or stranger was. "Look at all that hair!!" Yep, my little one looks like Lyle Lovette!!! If you would like to look at pictures please click on this icon:
Presley-Arkansas Visit

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I need details on how you survived the flight and how you handled all her gear becuase we are flying to Phoenix in 3 weeks! I'm so nervous!

The Westbrook's Waltzes said...

We loved visiting with you! It was so good to see you all again! And, I'm so glad Presley traveled so well! I know that helps ya'll so much. We love you all!