Sunday, September 13, 2009

updates and 5k

I just wanted to prepare you all for my blogathon! We have had soooo much fun this summer that by the time Presley is asleep, and I have time to blog, I just sit on the couch like a vegetable. Yes, I admit it! I am not the mom that goes from 7-10:30pm. I sometimes do, but also allow myself veg time! Don't be disappointed. If you were wanting super mom I can point you in the direction of my mom, my mom-in-law, my grandma, aunts, sister, sister-in-law, cousins, friends...these women do still exist. I digress. So, that said, tonight is the night that I have planned to catch you up on all things summer. Well, at least the last month or so. So, you may want to stretch, warm up, eat the right foods, and make sure you are hydrated for the next time you check out the blog!
Until then I wanted to tell you all about our fun Sat we had this weekend. Background: on Monday of last week I was doing a little 1 1/2 run and was feeling phenomenal. I had a thought of, "Ya know, if I feel this good on a 1 1/2 I should just run a 5k" I haven't run a 5k since Presley was born. I honestly didn't think these trunks of mine would hold up to running, but I wanted to do this. I just wanted to do it. Getting out there is the first hurdle, right? Anyways, I went online and found a charity run supporting Lou Gehrig's Disease that was donation based and it was 5 days away. I thought, "Perfect!" Usually it costs at least $25 to run most events, so finding one that I could donate what I wanted was great! We started the race and I felt great! For about a mile I was running an 8:15 pace. Dallas looked at me at one point and said, "Can you keep this pace?" I didn't think we were going that fast until we got to the halfway point and realized I had half the race to go...and my pace slowed significantly...like to a 10:15 or even slower...hahahaha!!! Anyways, we finished the race in 35 min. Not too bad for not training at all!! 3 miles for some people is no big deal...it is for me! Plus, we did it as a family! I have to tell you that Presley looked so comfortable in her stroller. It seemed like that 5k didn't phase her a bit!! Heehee. It was fun and we got to support a great cause! There is absolutely NO WAY, and I am sure of it, that I could have done that had I not been doing my Beachbody programs. Right now we are doing ChaLEAN Extreme again and the conditioning of that program is incredible. I was also able to borrow her positive comments like, "This ain't no big thing!" and "I can do this! I am strong" instead of letting my mind tell me I couldn't! It was fun and I can't wait for our next one.








1 comment:

Sarah said...

Congrats on the 5 K! That's awesome!