Thursday, September 3, 2009

Yard work

Today I decided I would take Presley out and do some yard work. It was a crazy afternoon. Before we started on the yard I wanted to sweep out the garage. I needed to move my car out of the garage before I could do that. I got in the driver seat and proceeded to try and turn on the car and realized I didn't have the key(our car can start with just the key present. It doesn't have to be in the ignition) and needed to get it out of Presley's diaper bag. So, I got out of the car(leaving the door open) and see my neighbor walking her dog so we stopped to talk to her. While I was visiting with her I realized I didn't know where Presley was. I asked my neighbor if she had seen where Presley went and she said, "Yes, she is in your car." WHAT? We have an SUV. I couldn't believe she had crawled in the car....wait....yes I can. Anyways, by the time I had realized she was in there she had found an ink pin and had written all over my leather seats! AUGHHHHHHHH! I just knew Dallas was going to kill me! I couldn't think what would get that out of the seats. Finally I thought of it....no that won't work...it is going to leave residue...well it is better than not trying at all. That was my thought process. So, I go inside and get the Magic Eraser and think "Surely this will work-It's magic for goodness sakes!" IT DID!! IT WORKED! JUST LIKE MAGIC!! And,No RESIDUE! Just took it right off!!! Then I treated the seat with leather treatment! I couldn't believe it! So cool!

Anyways, so now back to our yard work. By this time, with the Florida humidity, Presley and I were already sweating to death but I was determined to get those silly weeds pulled. I gave Presley a shovel and a small bag and we went to work. The one thing I wanted to do was replant our "Christmas tree" weed in the brush out back. Let me explain. Near our sidewalk into the house was growing what looked like a tiny table size Christmas tree. I was just going to pull it out and throw it away but when my mom was here visiting she convinced me that I needed to replant it in case some family in the future wanted to use it as their Christmas tree. I thought that was so funny, so that is exactly what we did. I tried to get Presley to carry the tree around back but she was having major issues with the roots coming out the bottom!! She cracks me up! So, I had to get pictures!

she kept putting the roots down and shaking it! She wanted them off!

Look at that face!

She did love that glove! See the "tree"!

Tah Dah!!! Some fortunate family's future christmas tree. Mae, you happy?

By this point we were miserably hot. So, we pulled just the weeds in the front of the house promising that tomorrow we would get the rest. Who wants to bet we actually do that...oh man...I am going to have to. Now I have a child who has to learn when you make a promise you keep it....especially the ones you make to yourself. Sooooo hard teaching your own children lessons you have yet to learn!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too much. I so would have given up. You are an excellent example. Presley, you are so beautiful and keep life fun. Lastly, what a neat gift for another family some day. You guys rock.
-Sandra

The Westbrook's Waltzes said...

I love this! So hilarious! Presley is adorable! We love you three!