Monday, June 22, 2009

Myrtle Beach trip


We met my mom and dad in Myrtle Beach last weekend.
When we arrived Friday afternoon the Razorbacks were playing LSU in Baseball so we met up at a sports bar to have some drinks and watch the game. It was so funny because we all showed up in all our Razorback apparel and the game was in rain delay. So we sate there for over 2 hrs waiting on the game. Eventually, as all babies do, Presley grew tired of waiting and sitting. She needed to run, run, run. We packed up our stuff and decided to go on to the hotel and watch the game. Well, the Hogs lost. Boo hiss! It was a sad game. Not only was I disappointed we lost, but it took up the rest of our evening. By time it was over Presley was ready for bed. I got her all dressed in her PJs then heard Dusty say “So when are we going to eat?!” HAHAHA! My life has so changed. Gone are the days when you could go out to eat at 7:30/8pm. Actually, my mom chimed in and offered to stay with Presley so we could go out with Dad and Dusty. I was so glad she did. Although, I was sad her and P weren’t there. So, Dad, Dusty, Dallas(wow that is a lot of Ds) and I loaded up to `go to dinner. We went to a great restaurant on the beach. We stood out on the lawn of the restaurant which overlooked the dunes and the ocean while we waited to be called in. The four of us laughed and had a great visit. Dallas and I had wayyyyyy to much to eat so we decided to walk back to the hotel.
Our hotel was wonderful. It was the Best Western Carolinian Resort on Ocean Blvd. WE had a two bedroom condo with 2 full beds in each room, 2 bathrooms, full kitchen, washer dryer and a pullout sofa. The only thing we didn’t have was a DVD player. Dallas and I had to get creative to do our workouts. The balconies, however were incredible. There was one out the living room area that was really big and another that wrapped around both bedrooms. I wanted to stay much longer than we were able to.
Saturday morning Dusty and Dallas got us really early to have a game of golf. Mom and Dad had to go and look at condos(the price to pay for getting such a deal on the room for the weekend) and Presley and I went to the pools. Presley is getting so comfortable in the water. I took her to the little 1 ft baby pool so she could have more control of her feet while she swam. Well, first thing she did was try to float. This, of course, landed her face first in the water. I calmly picked her up expecting her to be gasping for air instead all I got was a squeal of excitement. The rest of the time we were in the pool all she wanted to do was go under! Such a dare devil. After her and I hung out at the pool we went back to the room to do lunch and her nap. Mommy took a nap too! I was tired! When we woke up we had a snack. While we were eating everyone came back from their mornings out. So, we got our suits on again and headed for the beach. At first it was just Mae, Presley and I but then Dallas joined us. We had a great time.
That evening we went to Bass Pro Shop with Popa so he could pick out some lures for Father’s day. Presley loved the fish tank and made lots of friends throughout the store. One guy even picked out a cute orange hat for her to wear. It said “My First Fishing Hat!” Popa was tickled. After the Pro Shop we went and had Japanese. It was Presley’s first time at a Japanese Steak House. It was sooooo funny to watch her. She didn’t really like the fire.
Sunday was an easy morning. WE all got up and had breakfast and coffee as we sat around and visited some more! I just can’t say how blessed I am that my family are my best friends. I loved the whole weekend. It was way too short but well worth it to see everyone. I miss my mom and dad already. I would say I missed Dusty but I get to see him regularly. I make sure of it!
Myrtle Beach 2009

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I have a dare devil too!! :) They are so much fun!

The Westbrook's Waltzes said...

I'm so glad y'all got the chance to meet up with your parents and Dusty! And, we can't wait to come see y'all!