Monday, October 20, 2008

For Brent..

As some of your know my big brother is in training for his deployment to Afghanistan. He will be in training for roughly 10 weeks and then will get his orders for Afghanistan. I will probably not blog about that until he is there for security reasons. He will get some time in between training and Afghanistan with his family! That time will be very needed at that point!

Anyways, I was on the phone with him yesterday and he was asking me to send him my blog address so he could keep up with Presley...and Dallas and I too!!! I was telling him how Presley is into squealing these days. Man is she going to be a talker. Lord, help us all!! So, here is a video. It is hilarious. The video definitely shows how she spends most of her morning testing out her lung capacity. However, in this particular video she chooses to do it with comedic timing. I happened to be on web cam with my mom when Presley started squealing. She often does that at the TV. Almost like she is talking back to whoever is on it. Anyways, my mom says (listen really closely to the video) "Presley you look just like your momma from the side!" To which Presley screams back at her at the top of her lungs!!! Hilarious! So, here is that video. I also made a movie for Brent. I'll save it til last!






Deployment is such a hard thing for the service member and their family. There is so much unknown if it is your first time or even your fifth time. Every family experiences deployment in their own way. For example, I had no children and happened to live in the same town as my parents during Dallas' first deployment and was able to be with family during the second. Crystal is in California, 1/2 a country away from her family, with a child in school and with a job that is an hour away from her house. Her and Brent only had two weeks to even talk about their life once he deployed. So, as you can imagine it is all still very new and hard.

Brent, be careful! Keep your head up and your heart home! Crystal, be strong for your family but remember yourself first. Remember the illustration given on airplanes? Give yourself the oxygen mask before you help others. Dylan, you help mommy when you can and remember that now your daddy is not just your hero but an American Hero as well. You be proud of that!! Our hearts are with all of you! And, from a Navy family to an Air Force family, "Fair Winds and Following Seas"!!

5 comments:

Lori Dunham said...

I cried through the whole thing. I will be praying for your brother and his family. It's never easy no matter the circumstances but definitely harder than others.

Crystal said...

Brought tears to my eyes. I can't imagine.

The video is really cute!! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Despite being a military family and watching our own loved ones and those around us come and go, it never gets any easier, does it? Your video made me bawl. We are praying for Crystal, Dylan, and Brent and that it will be over quickly so that they can see it as something behind them proud of their own strength and courage. God knows the rest of us are.

Sarah said...

I don't think I realized Presley was sitting by herself!

And I couldn't get through the video... I'm at work and it made me cry.

The Westbrook's Waltzes said...

Loved the video of Presley squealing! Soo funny!

And, the video was very touching and sweet of you. Those three and the rest of ya'll will definitely be in my prayers.