Monday, February 23, 2009

10 months old


Presley turned 10 months old today! She is growing so fast. Everyday I see more and more glimpses of who she is going to be as a little girl, teenager(scary), young adult and even a mommy. Presley is always up for an adventure. She is always taking on new challenges. Everyday, with me, Dallas, her friends and even the dogs she shows her love for us with incredible passion! When Presley loves and cares for you she really loves and cares for you!! She is so fun to be around. When she is into things man is she into them! This is where "Destructo Baby" comes from!! She is our little explorer! Presley loves people. She has been social from day one. This has only grown as her emotional development has grown! Everyone who meets Presley loves her the first time they encounter her! Her mommy especially loves that trait!!! Ok, ok...enough bragging. We all know she is the love of my life next to her Daddy and that I am proud of her. Sorry for having to hear my bragging!!


Here is what she is doing at 10 months:
Walking
Trying to run
climbing
singing
dancing
saying mahmamama, dadddah, hi
responds to simple commands
when you say "let's eat" or "lets get a bath" she grins and walks to us
loves hugging her little friends
loves stacking her cups
putting her blocks in her buckets
playing ball
loves swings/slides
can stand up from a sitting postion
can sit down from a standing position
loves to read her books
loves to tear up magazines
loves to chew on dog bones and get in their water bowl
Oh and did I mention that for her 10 month "birthday" she got a double ear infection as a gift. Yes, this is her second one. This one didn't have the same symptoms as the other one or I just caught it before it got that bad. Poor baby.


I was planning to go and help my friend Missy this week but got a funny feeling when I got home that I should stay. Not an hour after that feeling Presley spiked a fever. We watched her all weekend and she had a fever but was able to keep it controlled with motrin. However, her little cough would not stop. So, I thought I should go and check the cough out. Well, the cough was the least of poor lil' P's problems. The doctor said her ears were "screaming" at her. Anyways, so we are on the mend. Please still be thinking of my friend Missy. She has another week 1/2 on bed rest!! Hope everyone is doing well!
I forgot to add this video.....I have been videoing the progression of Presley's walking and today I was able to catch her with her shaker. You know how most kids "lovies" are soft and cuddly? Not Presley!!! Her's is a hard, wooden, NOISEY shaker!! Now that she is walking I hear the shaking follow me everywhere I go!!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

So sweet!! Thanks for the update! It is always fun reading!

Sarah said...

Such a big girl! And... I can totally relate to them loving the dog bowls! Yuck! Why that??

The Westbrook's Waltzes said...

Cute! Thanks for the videos and pictures! I sure do enjoy them!

Anonymous said...

You are so great at documenting Presley's milestones and sharing with us! The dog bowl is a losing battle. Mia splashed in it daily for about a year. Now she condsiders it her job to fill it which I think makes her just as wet in the end:0) Congrats Little P on the fantastic walking. Can't wait to see you in person!-Sandra