Monday, February 2, 2009

Welcome Alexa Aileen

Welcome to the world Alexa Aileen Chetelat

Alexa was born December 29, 2008 weighing 8lbs 2oz and was 18.8in long.

I do need to apologize to those of you who have been waiting for pictures. Most of you who are mutual friends of Sandra and me already know of Alexa's arrival. However, the other day I was checking Sandra's childhood friend's blog and realized I still hadn't posted a picture. So, after trying with no success to use the pictures I had I finally got some from Sandra that would work.

I think most of you will appreciate this one with her and Mia. This is the most recent picture of the two of them. I have not had the chance to visit Alexa, but Sandra says they look so different. I personally think their profiles are identical, but have to agree that even their skin tone is very different. Mia seems to be such a good big sister already!! Can you believe Mia is three? I think it will be tough for me to quickly forget that dark headed, stubby legged baby chasing birds in the piazza!! I can't wait to make more memories with Mia and make some with Alexa as well.

Mom and Dad are doing wonderful. Except, I think they are ready for some quiet family time!! They have been overwhelmingly blessed with family and friends who came to visit and help take care of them and Mia during this transition. Sandra says she has really been loved!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting these, Cindy! In my sleep-deprived state I haven't been as good about sharing Alexa as we were Mia. They really are night and day from the blue eyes/brown eyes to the fact that Alexa quietly sleeps the day away. I don't think Mia was ever quiet! You would remember though. Thanks for celebrating our newest addition. We also wouldd love to hear from folks!
Love, The Chetelats

The Westbrook's Waltzes said...

Thanks for the pictures! Mia is growing up so fast, and I'm sure she'll be helping take good care of Alexa. Congrats Chetelats! She's a cutie too!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful baby and such a sweet big sister. Children truly are a blessing from the Lord!