Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Prayer and Visiting with a friend


Before I begin my next blog I wanted to pause and ask you all for prayer for my friend Missy Smith and her family. Missy is 24 weeks pregnant and went into labor last Saturday. They were able to stop it and she is on bed rest now. This isn't a great scenerio seeing as she has atleast 13 more weeks to full term. The chances this may happen again are likely. Please, please pray for her. With all of her obligations at the church and to Bailey and Bella this is tough. If you want more details you can go to her blog by click on MammaMissy on the right side of the page. We love you Missy! Hang in there!!!

On a side note-I went to Jacksonville today to visit an old high school friend-Shameeka Scott. I haven't seen her in nearly 10 years. She and I cheered together and were in Symphonic Band together for all four years of high school. I have to tell you she was a classy young lady in high school and very admirable. She is just as much so today if not more. She still has the same warm friendly smile and just spoke with you yesterday personality. She got to meet Presley and I got to meet her little girl Reese, who is 7 months old. Reese is so beautiful. She looks like she belongs in a magazine! NOt only that, but when we were taking pictures of the girls Reese flashed the biggest grin almost to say "I am ready for my close up!" Too cute! I am so glad I made the trip to see her! More importantly I am greatful to her sister, who had just had a baby 6 days ago(the reason Shameeka was in Jacksonville)for letting me come and visit with Shameeka at their house. Their family was so kind and welcoming. It was a wonderful afternoon!

Visit with an old friend
click to view the pictures!

1 comment:

life in a positive direction said...

Those are amazing!!! I love them!!! You all look absolutely beautiful. Love you!