Monday, January 12, 2009

Music is fun

Presley started her Tonewood music classes today. I hear they are similar to Kindermusik if you are familiar with that music class. Anyways, she had such a great time. In the beginning she just sat there and stared at everyone trying to figure out what the heck was going on. By the end of it she was dancing, clapping, singing and shaking the shakers. I do have to say that I think she is definitely a visual and movement learner. The more she could see and the more she could feel the more interactive she was. I am so glad we found this class. It will be so good for her to hang out with children older than her and to be in a class setting where she can begin to build "respect" skills for those sort of environments. I felt like she was such a big girl!

Presley is standing alone these days. She will let go of the furniture, of her push toy, or her block and stand forever. I clocked 4 minutes straight the other day. She will even do squats. She squatted all the way to the floor and just before her tush hit the floor she stood back up. Crazy? I am afraid she will be walking very soon. I'm not going to encourage it more than she is trying it, though. I already see what a path of destruction she can have while crawling. I can only imagine what walking will be like.

Our weather here in Gainesville has been downright beautiful. On Sunday we went to the park and it was packed with people playing freezbie, football, cooking out, playing on the playgrounds and just laying out on the lawn. Ya, you heard me. Laying out! It was 80 degrees of HOT on Sunday. Today, however, is much cooler. It rained all night and brought the cold weather! I just couldn't believe that it was January and I, Cindy, was walking around in shorts!!!

What have I been up to? Well, I am still crunching away at learning my new business. Its really fun to hear people's desires and wishes to not just "loose weight" but to get active and have a better life! I enjoy it! Dallas is back to school and loving it. (note the sarcasm) He only has three classes this semester but I don't think it means it will be any easier. However, it is all relative when you are talking about Dallas. His last semester was "hard" but with ease he pulled a 3.73. He put most everything off to the last minute and stressed that he didn't have time to do it to its potential and knew he would get bad grades because of it....OH NO! He still pulled high Bs and As. Not fair, but I am super proud of him. I am so proud of all his accomplishments and he has had many in the short 5 years we've been married.

Just a short recap on what has been going on in Gipsonville.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Sounds like fun!! Thanks for the updates!

Sarah said...

Oh super fun music classes! That's great!

Unknown said...

Oh I love kindermusic!! We have not been to one because there just isn't one close to us. But I'm so excited for you and Pres. It willbe so god for her. Keep crunching away girl and get my program ready for June=) Love you thanks for the updates.

The Westbrook's Waltzes said...

Yay for Lil' P and her music classes! I love Kindermusik and will have our girl in one soon after she is born.

Thanks also for the updates on her development and progress and about you and Dallas.