Thursday, January 29, 2009

Steps for Daddy's 31st Birthday!

Happy Birthday Dallas! My husband turned 31 today. We had a low key day which was exactly what Dallas wanted. We did go and get his birthday present and have a small dinner out, but mostly we just hung out here! He doesn't go to school on Tuesday and Thursdays so he was able to be home for his birthday! And, Presley had the BEST present for his birthday....

She took her first steps!!!!!! Did you hear me? She took her first steps!!! Three to be exact!

We were all sitting in her room when she did it. I thought, "what a blessing for Dallas to be in grad school at this point in Presley's life so he can witness all of these 'firsts'!" What a big girl!

I absolutely love birthdays. I am horrible about gift giving but LOVE that we have a day to celebrate the first breath of the people we love most! Dallas is someone I hope I get to celebrate birthdays with long into our "gray years"!! I am overwhelmed by the friend I have in Dallas. I am overwhelmed by the husband he is to me and even more by the father he is to Presley. Even on the hard days he is the best part of my life. Happy Birthday babe! We love you!

3 comments:

life in a positive direction said...

Happy Birthday Dallas!! Way to go Presley! That is amazing. I am so glad ya'll had such a beautiful celebration!!! Love you, Jessica

The Westbrook's Waltzes said...

Wow! How sweet! And way to go Presley! I'm glad ya'll were able to celebrate his birthday together and that he was able to be present for that "first!"

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Dallas! So cool...first steps...she will gain momentum quickly...watch out world!-Sandra